On Monday 19 October 2020 members of the Rapid Creek and Casuarina Coastal Reserve landcare groups met on site with the new Minister for Parks and Rangers Selena Uibo. This meeting was organised by Lauren Moss in her capacity as the MLA for Casuarina, the previous Parks minister and as an active landcare member herself.
The discussion covered topics and issues including:
- resourcing for Parks rangers
- partnerships between rangers and volunteer groups
- weed and grass management
- fire management and arson
- cat containment in new and existing residential suburbs adjacent to CCR, feral cat control
- the impact on migratory birds of dogs being unrestrained and in areas where they are banned
- insurance costs for landcare groups
Members were appreciative of Selena and Lauren's interest and engagement.